I Took a Trip
I spent the last several days out in the sunny south called Montreal. How warm it was compared to this Quebec. Yeah. No. Well, somewhere in between. Actually, when I got back last night, it had snowed here at some point, so there were some icy patches and white fluff lying about here and there.
I managed to burn myself while making supper on Thursday for us (including Jorgh's brother and girlfriend). Blotches of hot oil will immediately cause burns because it doesn't evaporate and likes to spread itself on your body. You know, like hot oil massages. Mmm mmm... ... I'm not a masochist. Really.
But it was worth it! I made a butternut squash soup, courtesy of the Kraft Kitchens. Basically, since Caroline is vegetarian, I figured that she wouldn't mind a hearty soup made of a local (doubtful) gourd. And I admit that I took a long time to finish cooking the stir fry and the tomato-egg dishes, but only because the stove element seemed to be malfunctioning.
But I was upset with Jorgh's brother's remarks after he volunteered for the dish duty, It fell along the lines of "WTF if I had known it'd be this messy/long/inconvenient then I'd have just ordered out." And my reaction was more like a muffled "OMFGWTF IS HE ASKING FOR A BEATING LATER FFFF???"
Seroiusly, this is *not* what you want to hear after spending 3 hours in the kitchen.
Tho the tables were turned on him on Saturday, because he and his girl friend decided to repay (?) us by making a spinach flaky thing. (I forgot what it's called.) It took them 2 hours to figure out what to buy, and 3 hours to cook it. But strangely (and masochistically) enough, at the end, he also said the same remark as above. I think if his girl friend wasn't seriously second-guessing herself before this incident, then she probably is doing it now.
Or not. I find couples which compose of one strong-minded character will have the other quite complacent and flexible to a point. The stronger one extreme, the more the other will compensate to the other extreme.
At least that's my experience...
I had lots of fun seeing my old SUMS-ite friends on Friday night for supper. Norm, Vito, Derrick, Ivo, Donnah, Jorgh and I partook of the chinatown 8 person peking duck meal (while Davey, Lisa's younger brother, sulked and claimed he wasn't hungry but we forced him to eat something just for the sake of it).
Afterwards, we had a romp in Old Montreal with ice cream, and continued our rampage downtown to Tim Hortons on Rene Levesque, near University. It was a great evening. :D
I think I have pictures. I will get around to uploading a few later on today. (I have an excuse this time!)

1 comment:
BWAH! sulking I wasn't sulking!! Okay maybe I was but you shoulda said "brooding", it sounds less whimpy.
Honestly, it was good night, good conversation and the duck smelled good though I think I ate too much pickled carrot & turnip...all that acid...
davie
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.