Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Stomach in Throat... or the Other Way Around

I went on a short trip to Montreal and got back to Quebec yesterday evening. I attended a food-filled Hallowe'en party at Lil V's, which was quite refreshing for me because I haven't seen anyone in months. (I wonder if living in real isolation is anything like this.) I'll be posting the pictures from the party in my album later today. :)

Naturally, I wasn't looking forward to coming back here. But I have to. The landlord is getting on my nerves, looking for my mum (who already left two weeks ago). The mail has to be collected. The plants are dying, and that's only after missing one watering. ;_; And on top of that, I'm supposed to be looking for a job, otherwise I'd be in HK with the rest of them already.

This morning I was awoken by the secretary of DDO calling to ask for my references. Good sign. Except I didn't know where they were at the moment, so I said I'd call her back. (Not to mention that I just woke up and was disoriented...) Amazingly, a few seconds later the landlord came knocking on the door again, and I answered. We spent about 10 minutes talking about the situation (omitting that my mum isn't in the country right now). After a few more words of discomfort, he left. I called the secretary afterwards and gave her my references. (Hopefully more-than-a-year-old contacts aren't going to be too outdated.)

Most likely, things look to the up-and-up. The last thing on my agenda today is to clean the house and laundry. The last item on my mind that is making me quite nervous is the obvious item of the day. Perhaps I should turn to a more trusted news source...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the American elections. Just don't forget to water the plants. Remember what Lewis Black said...

PJ

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.