Friday, September 24, 2004

Rant arrgh

Mama's being all pissy again. This is her point of view.
1) I am too stupid and ignorant of the "real world," I can't communicate properly, and I can't "yell at the kids" to "make them listen to me," thus I will never be a good teacher, or any kind of teacher whatsoever.
2) She has known enough people in her lifetime that she knows how people should act in certain roles. Which is also why I will never be a good teacher.
3) I sit around at home doing godknowswhat because I enjoy it, and I don't do any jobhunting whatsoever.
4) The internet is stupid and high-speed cable is completely useless because it's too expensive.

She went on and on into a huge blanket lecture (yell?) about how I will never amount to any sort of teacher and that I should just do whatever, and sometimes lie in job applications... especially to be hired as a secretary (or whatnot) since it apparently doesn't matter that the job qualifications state that you have to be vocationally trained in secretarial studies.




I don't think there's any amount or set of words that can quite convey the complete rage and frustration put together into a hurricane of pent-up yelling and destruction that I could possibly contain inside my chest and throat. Who doesn't yearn for the day when they can utterly defeat the spite-filled words of their unbelieving parents by just simply doing everything that they never trusted or understood what you could do?

But that day does not come soon.

I'll let you know what I am doing after it is done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor poor little Chickadee, don't despair. I'm going to visit you soon soon. Don't go up north (unless it's too Saguenay Valley)!

PJ

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.