Tuesday, September 21, 2004

A Note About Pictures

Now that I have nearly unlimited uploading and hosting for my Yahoo photo album, and this nifty Hello picture thingy feature, I have noticeably slacked off in the photo editing department. Why? Well, it's time consuming for sure, but it's not like I didn't enjoy doing it. It's because of one thing: this computer is f@#$ing too slow.

Let's say I want to take a picture of about 600 x 400 pixels. That's pretty near the max resolution of my camera anyway. Suppose I take it to Photoshop 7, which takes a minute to load, and then play around with it. A complicated filter that could take about 5 seconds on an average PC of today takes damn near 5 minutes to run on this machine.

I try to tell Photoshop to select certain blobs of an image and it'll sit and think for a moment. "Well," the computer thinks aloud, "I think this person wants me to take this selection, but I'm not sure if th-" The mouse slips and I click by accident something else. "Holy sh#@&$*!" the computer bleeps, "M#$%!#&^?@!!!" Sparks fly, small explosions and mushroom clouds, you know the rest.

In short, I like computers. Even this one. I think I'll take it outside and shoot it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't shoot your computer! Upgrade it. I'll help you.

PJ

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Yes, let PJ upgrade your computer! :)
And post more photos, a photoBlog is the best!

crDave ;)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.