A Pleasant (?) Return
For the sake of organization to those who really, really, really wanted to know what was going on the last few weeks I mysteriously disappeared from the web, I'll bullet them below:
- My brother cut his Suckpatico account shortly after my last entry, and I suffered from that point on without any sort of connection. But I called Videotron and made the transfer from the old now-converted bachelor(s) pad in Montreal, to my new (unfortunate) digs here in Quebec. They installed my happy and damaged cable modem last Friday and now I am back. How exciting, eh?
- At some point during the month (I forget when exactly), I went to Chicoutimi with PJ to pick blueberries and probably other things. Though I would have picked more than about two boxfuls (since we bought five)... we, and by "we" I mean "I", were attacked mercilessly by hundreds of insects until we gave up after two hours. Then I came back to Quebec and made a pie with papa's pie crust, which he had hidden in the freezer downstairs before he died. I took pictures.
- I quit buffeteering on Saturday.
The reason I hadn't written much after getting back my cable account is because I am utterly depressed. Or at least I *was* ... Here comes another list.
- I didn't get a full time job for the year. I only had one offer from one Montreal school board two days ago, to be a French teacher. Some people have said I should have just taken it, but I seriously think that it wouldn't be fair for EVERYONE if I did. Especially all those certified language teachers aching for a job right now.
- Mama went to Toronto yesterday to hang out with the cousins. I have the entire ugly apartment to myself, but sadly no one to party with. :(
- It's my birthday next Tuesday. I'm turning... uh... 18.
Well, this morning my old alma mater called (thus waking me for the second time today) and offered me substitution for Thursday and Friday. At least that's something, right? (And I didn't have to call them this morning like I was going to. *nyah*)
I'm cheered up a bit but I don't suppose that'll last for long... :(

1 comment:
Hail Alma Mater... something something... whatever.
QHS sucks for not giving you a full time job as a teacher. You're too good to be a substitute!
PJ
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.