Thursday, September 16, 2004

He Ain't Heavy...

I am trying to put together a Hollies collection for my mum since she's such a big fan of them... and other old 60s bands. (That reminds me... SNL and BeeGees made us all sing "Nights on Broadway" like it was hip again.)

One of the songs is "He Ain't Heavy (He's My Brother)." Of course, no one can listen to this without the visual imagery of a boy carrying another boy (at least larger than the former) and get all tingly inside. This pretty much details the origins of this song as well.

"But I'm stroooonnnggg... strong enough to caaarrrrr-rrryyyy him..."

I have my own imagery when I listen to this song; it's of me carrying Big Pu on my back from Shatner to Burnside when he somehow passed out in Shatner, for some odd reason I forget now. I think it was because he forgot to eat or somthing strange.

Indeed, he wasn't that heavy, but mostly because "he's my brooootherrrrrrr."

I hope you're doing well, wherever you are in Japan, Big Pu. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.worldandicollege.com/collegecourse/covers/1382.jpg.

crDave.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.