I Want to Ride My Bicycle
The most retarded thing about living in Quebec is that there are huge bike paths sprawling across the city, but none that actually go from "down" town (which is pretty much anywhere except near the St-Lawrence river) to uptown, which ironcally is downtown. I am left with about 4 paths to hazard...
1) go uphill from St. Sacrement, a huge S-shaped road that weaves itself through some thickets and such, while inclining at about 15% or something huge. The advantage is that you can be relatively assured that no one will run you over from intersections, as there are none. (This leads up to Holland and Chemin Ste Foy, which is relatively busy.)
2) go uphill from Marie l'incarnation, which is like riding a gravel pit. There is an intersection at the first bend, and another one at the second bend, which have neither lights nor very patient drivers. Also has about 15% incline but sprawled out a bit further.
3) go really really far east until the railroad tracks cross with the road, then bear part of the highway south to take a less inclined path (I believe, I haven't tried this yet), then go back west. This would probably take a good hour longer than the first two paths.
4) go really really far west along the smaller tributary river (St Charles) until reaching the old port. Then maniacally head up the old city streets, or head out around the tip to go up the even crazier 30% incline to the Plains of Abraham.
Being the weak bastard I am, I never managed to make it up any of these hills without collapsing after 1 minute of pedalling. What happens is that I end up walking most of the hill, watching most of the Olympic-trained bikers pass by upwards effortlessly, and then relax when I get to the top. The fun part is going down - my brakes don't work very well.
I rode by the Leclerc "Nutri-art division" factory on Thursday. For some reason it smelled like strawberries... but not just any strawberry smell - it was like the smell of Frankenberry. Can it be true? ...!

1 comment:
Once upon a time Norm had brought those expired since 3 years ago Frankenberry to SUMS. Some people ate it. I don't know what happened after...
PJ
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.