Sunday, February 01, 2004

The Letter to the Daily (Pending...)



In my 4+ years at McGill, and countless years at other institutions, I have yet to come across such a situation. A certain lounge of a moderate-sized student society I have always felt at home in at McGill is now invaded with the biggest, snottiest, most unwelcoming UBER NERDS in history. This has been getting not only on my nerves, but on the nerves of all the other students of this department, who had wished to share this familiar space with these newbies.

Some of you may say this is the intolerance of a graduating student putting down these poor overachieving students who have every right to respect and dignity. But in my defence, they have acted like a bunch of inconsiderate jerks ever since I started talking to them, and have merited no kind words from anyone.

I do not appreciate the executive of this society, who have been sitting on their hands ever since these students appeared. It will not be healthy for the preservation of our society in years to come if they keep those attitudes. All the veteran members of our society agree with my sentiment: either force some common sense into these little jerks or we'll be forced to do so ourselves.

[Some made-up name]
member of undisclosed student society



What do you think? Drop me a line. Or drop SUMS a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.