One Blister, a Few Photos, and Six-and-a-Half Hours Later
McGill has a relatively nice campus. It's located at the base of a "mountain" (Mt. Royal), sprawls across a hundred feet of elevation and probably four city blocks by four blocks, and can go from crazy-messy-busy Sherbrooke to the ho-hum-what-we-have-a-visitor bunch of houses up in dents on the hill. And on top of that, some of these buildings have definite historical value. I'm sure no one would buy those houses and raze them all down to make condos, since the city would never let them anyway.
On the other hand, the sprawl of the campus is a bitch. I could walk for half an hour from one end of the downtown campus and still not get to the diagonally opposite side.
I finished the list today after about 3 hours of walking. I stopped by the PGSS office to tell them I couldn't go to the Montreal Children's Hospital or the Montreal General, since I don't know where they are. (Actually, I do, but I'm not about to go there on foot...) And I couldn't get into Beatty Hall, the house highest and furthest from the entire campus, for whatever reason, since it was closed again. So I said "screw it" and ran away.
After going around on Friday and realizing what a nice day it was, I kicked myself in the head and scolded myself for not bringing along my camera. It would be an interesting walk again to visit all these places on campus, so I brought Davy's present along today to take various (boring) snapshots of things. Mostly indoor things. I'll upload them and other photos later.
I returned to McLennan to look for my missing glove, but they didn't have it anywhere. On the other hand, I did discover the "LOST AND FOUND" Room, which was the janitor's closet I think. I opened the door and beheld the disgusting pile of hats, gloves, scarves, notebooks, papers, and other miscellaneous items of the Lost and Found pile on the floor. There was even the odd pair (even pair?) of gross jeans and a stinky t-shirt.
Resigned to the lost glove cause, I told Jorgh to get me a ball of yarn. Now I'm knitting myself a pair of mittens because I have been meaning to do so for a while. And it's probably a good idea to get something ready for my sister's birthday soon, so if the mittens don't work out I could always give them to her. ^_^

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.