Saturday, February 21, 2004

Discover McGill... the Paying Way!



My friends, I finally have something to call as a temporary job.

The CRO of PGSS wrote back Thursday afternoon to me to say they needed someone to poster for them for the next few weeks or so. I took the opportunity to say I would do it today... thus here I am all smelly from 4 hours of walking.

Anyway, the point is there are so many places on campus that I have never been to, nor heard of, and this was a very interesting way to discover the campus in more depth.

I started from the Education building, and hung around Dr Penfield and Pine and then down University streets. There are many smaller, 19th century house-like buildings around the major buildings like McIntyre or Biology. Most of these are very obscure departments, like Epidemiology or Occupational Therapy or something of the like.

I went into one house and there was no one in there! Well, almost no one. It was deserted so anyone could just go and do whatever they pleased... so I naturally just stuck my posters up and ran away.

And each of these houses eminated their own smells. Each of these smells were equally as funky as the next. But above all, I don't think I'd like to work in the medical buildings, because those stunk like crazy! Duff and McIntyre smelled the worse. And they're confusing as hell! But not as confusing as the Hall Law building... one of five(?) law buildings on campus.

The list is far from finished... I think I visited half the places needed, and the other half I'll do tomorrow or Monday. I have to finish before Wednesday apparently, but I want to go home to Quebec for a while.

By the way, how would I reach the Montreal General by foot without going nuts from walking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.