Update to Chairs Fiasco
Fortunately, Jordi found me on my way out after writing this piece, so I don't have to send it... at least yet...
Anyway, he told me that the guys from CS Games this weekend borrowed two out of those three missing chairs, and they're somewhere in McGill being used by the asses of computer geeks in competition about who can diddle with their doodlelyhickies the best.
An Expensive Chicken
Today, Jorgh and I had supper at Jorgh's brother's place. He proposed to make chicken fajitas, which I eventually ended up doing for the most part.
Last week, Jorgh's brother made the terrible mista- I mean I made the terrible mistake to let him go out and buy a chicken breast for a chicken stir fry of some sort. He came back with a lovely, plump, grain-fed chicken breast by Maple Leaf or some chicken company... for $9. I was completely agast of its holy-crap-I-could-buy-two-whole-chickens-and-kill-them-myself aura of ripped-offness. Anyway, they still made a good meal, but I was determined to not let that happen again.
So I told Jorghnassen today explicitly to go and get a chicken breast with bone attached, so that it would be much cheaper and less debatable. (It's not brown meat so they'd both be happy, of course.)
I spent about half an hour figiting with this carcass to detach the breast meat, but I did it. Then I was left with this torso... what to do?
I'll make a broth!
Except... I haven't a clue as to how to do it.
But... Let's ask Google!
Five hours later, I've got this broth that smells great but doesn't taste like anything. WTF??? I think I forgot something. Anyway, I have to come back here and make something out of this broth. Some suggestions?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.