It's funny.
Our group project in Numerical Analysis has a snazzy look. I made it. But you can't see it (yet). It's uploaded on McGill's WebCT, and I believe that it will be available for viewing by the public after the entire project is completed, by December 3rd.
Greg, Mike and I are in this theoretically five-person team that has practically always been three people. (One dropped the course, the other disappeared... ugh. I won't even talk about that one. It's just too infuriating.) We've been way up to our eyballs in work for this one course, and especially for the group project. While other groups are five people (one group being "only four"), we are intimately associated with each part of our project. In fact, if you asked any one of us about random aspects of any part of our project, we could probably BS something close enough about it. And it's a BIG project.
Greg, a music/physics guy, is the main coder since I suck at coding, and Mike does a lot of communications and some of the engineering work (since he's a mechanical engineer). I pretty much manage the group in terms of organization and I fix the website since neither the other two are as experienced. Since HTML/CSS was what I did all summer instead of working. And mourning a lot.
We were in Burnside Hall, R911, Saturday afternoon trying to figure out our PDE, the largest part of our project (mainly what the hell it is). Greg was in one of his frustrated-over-stupid-MATLAB pauses, and looked at a few other group's sites that were myseteriously available on WebCT, which we are supposed to be blocked from viewing.
Let me tell you, if I was disappointed before about my template for our web page, I was no longer ashamed of it from that point forward. Those pages look so terrible you'd want to burn your monitor. Then you'd burn your hard drive to remove any traces of it from your memory. And then you'd gouge your eyes out.
I am a bit puzzled as to how people think pictures of old, dead guys will even help the content of your web page. "Sure, the guy's brilliant, but you aren't."
BURN!!! :)
(I'm feeling so evil today.)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.