It snowed...
I can't remember why I wanted to mention this, but it snowed on November 3. McGill's lower field and environs was completely covered with falling leaves, and then some snow dusted over these leaves. It was rather pretty in fact.
And then the gardeners inevitably started raking the leaves along with the snow. And by raking, I mean blowing with a leafblower. And by gardeners, I mean total tools who don't know that they would save so much money on re-seeding the grass etc. per year if they didn't do so much crap to the lawns. For instance:
- Blow the leaves off. And then throw the leaves out in the garbage inefficiently. I have proof. (If only I could upload it.) They could recycle the plant matter in the leaves at least, by composting.
- Cut the grass when it's only a millimeter high. (... no comment.)
- Water the "grass" in the middle of the day during the summer, when it's 30 degrees outside and probably 25% of the water would be evaporated just by spraying it out into the field the way they do. And the grass is already dying anyway from the crappy treatment it's been getting all year by everyone.
Now don't misinterpret me - I'm not saying that the gardeners are totally at fault for the state of the lower campus. I'm also blaming the McGill administration for such incompetent ideas about environmental friendliness (which has constantly been under extreme criticism for being so slow and ignorant of such policies), the froshees for "watering the trees" with random liquids (thereby killing everything on the lawn every end of August), people who throw garbage on the lawn after their lunch is finished, and them damn pigeons. It's always dem pigeons.
Stupid People: Part i+1
WARNING: Beware! I'm going to talk about PORNOGRAPHY!!! Not for the squeamish or easily disturbed by the sight of the word "PORN." Which I write a lot.
I don't know why the internet culture is so stupid. Maybe because the popular media keeps representing stupid ideas in beautiful packaging that prevents people from actually forming their own ideas.
So let's start by PORN. It's a disgusting business. I'm looking at it in terms of as a buisness, not as all the flaky "female empowerment" sayings that the bleach-blonde fake-everything porn stars like to tote as a media grab bag. I'm just going to briefly mention the fact that PORN is out there. And everyone's seen some of it. I'm sure. (Hey, you wouldn't know what it was if you didn't see any of it before.)
Anyway, visual pornography is viewed by many people. It's a representation of the "ideal" kind of sexual situation that many people would like to have, without the societal bounds that prevent people from actually barging in on a couple doing it in the middle of the subway and engaging in some sort of perverted game of mass Twister. Or Dance Dance Revolution with a bunch of furries with their genitalia hanging out. I don't know. (I made those up, but who knows...)
As a result of such underground but mass popular exposure, porn is full of "beautiful people," mainly because they seem to enjoy (?) the sexual act so much that the viewer may think that the "actor" is simply the "most beautiful." It's also put ideas into people's heads that pornography has these fantastically beautiful actors that everyone in society should be, in fact, emulating in style and/or appearance.
For instance, almost everyone shaves everything in porn. Pubic hair, armpits, legs, arms, chests, ... not head... Possibly for the purpose of making the sexual act easier to see or to do. (How would I know all this? I don't. I'm guessing.) Then the ideal of the viewer of beauty is to shave everything off. So mainstream media decides that beauty is such that everyone shaves everything.
Now we have these huge, sprawling billboards of men with completely bare and shiny chests, and women with absolutely no body hair of any sort. (Don't get me started on body size...)
And then you get the responses from the mainstreamed public, obsessing over body hair and such. Bikini waxes and "Brazilian" waxes are very popular topics for some reason, when I open the Mirror or Hour.
And then you have the slightest mention that Shania Twain doesn't shave her armpits.
And then you get the completely blown-into-the-stratosphere outcry about how not shaving is completely unnatural, uncivilized, and unhygenic.
*Sigh*
I had this reaction one time from a fellow student during my five week stay during the summer in the cegep Ste-Foy. I mentioned to her that I don't shave my legs because I don't actually have much body hair to speak of. (Asian.) She procured a sour face like a black hole lived in her skull, and spouted out the uncleanliness of not shaving. "Why?" I asked, genuinely curious at her reaction. "... Just because!" was her very intellectual and stimulating reply.
Well, this couldn't be more interesting as a topic. I don't shave my legs or arms, but I'm sure that if you were to look at them you couldn't tell anyway since it doesn't grow crazy like yours!!!. *grumble grumble*
And then there's the pubic hair debate. ... Let's just say that pedophilia is more than just implied in this action in pornography, and propagated through Britney Spears.
Wow, n hours of typing and this is what I came up with??? Stay tuned next time when I discuss more Stupid People: Part i+2. Now with more rant!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.