Words cannot convey the anger.
Do it with EMOTICONS. >:( >:o >=( :@ >:t >>>>>>P
Two kids set fire to their geography textbook next to the tree on our lot. Then they took off. Then I ran outside with a bucket of water to put it out. Then I went to school to find the policière but nobody had a goddamn clue where she was. Then I came home and blogged about it.
I'm just waiting for the old lady upstairs to get home so I can get her to find the cop.
ADDENDUM: I finally got hold of the old lady upstairs, whom I successfully related the story to in my terrible, terrible French. She was quite nice about me bothering her on her lunch break and offered to call up the policière from the school and leave a message (since she calls the most often) and I left the bag of smouldering textbook with her.
I should probably also tell a bit of backstory to this. During this school year, there have been incidents of drug use and breaking and entering in this building, since the students at lunch and after school have absolutely nowhere to go except other people's private property. They especially like to break in to the basement apartment because the entrance is in the back of the building. The old couple's daughter lives downstairs with her husband and family of three young girls.
Needless to say, there has been almost no action taken by the school or police, other than taking down reports and handling phone calls. Finally, there was enough of the neighbourhood disgusted by this that the policière of the school had a meeting with everyone to inform us what was being done: sensitisation pamphlets. Essentially, NOTHING. GOOD JOB, SCHOOL.

1 comment:
I have a funny feeling that they're actually thinking, "if you hate geography, commit arson."
Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? I WAS WATCHING THEM THROUGH THE WINDOW. Mr. Black Hoodie and Mr. Fake-Army-Pattern jacket were lucky my camera didn't have batteries otherwise they'd be doing juvie.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.