Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I Blog Me When...

... either things are going really well, or when things are going really slow. It happens to be neither, but that's because I haven't posted in a few days and I've been a bit busy working.

Anyway, right now things are getting better. I have more or less made slight hints to my more trusted colleagues at school that the board sucks, and I could be leaving if nothing else happens.

Lo and behold, another indeterminate leave occurs. I have a tendency to get upset when I have these indeterminate leaves, mostly because the person who leaves has a really sad reason to need one. This time, it's even sadder (to me) the reason, which happens to be that the teacher's father is gravely ill.

Things go a full circle. Yours truly came back here because of father being struck down by a stroke.

I managed to talk to the teacher in question before he left today, to arrange the rest of the week which happens to be "administer exam, correct them, administer another one, etc." He looked pretty depressed, despite his poker face. It makes me very sad to know his father is ill, and that I am replacing him at one of the most crucial times of the year.

In other news, the kids all keep asking me two things:

  1. I got a hair cut??? Really???

  2. Why am I not replacing that other teacher who went on paternity leave??? Maybe because I DON'T HAVE A CLUE.


Anyway, this month at that school is going to be insane. There is the yearly camping trip that is coming up in two weeks, a grad kayak trip in the same week, a ped day and a holiday soon, and a load of regular teachers absent or on leaves.

It will look more busy this month than I thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Money for you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, spread the word... THEY SUCK!!! If they know you're unhappy maybe they'll do something, and if they don't, they won't be surprised when you leave

Eugenie said...

The teacher's father passed away last night. :(

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.