Monday, May 01, 2006

Bach again?

Stupid pun.

Anyway, the Bach piece below is only the first part of the first movement of the concerto. Personally, I haven't listened to my own recording much because I know how grating some of the sounds can get, but I hope you take a listen.

I finally listened to it this afternoon and I must take back what I meant by the rupturing of eardrums. It's probably the best thing I've worked on so far (but unfortunately not the best recording). I enjoyed listening to it because I enjoyed working on it, and above all I enjoyed the piece.

It is less known to my friends and readers my musical history, whose entire truth I don't like to divulge because of my shame, but most of the time when I was in training and on hiatus from the violin, I did not enjoy it to a certain degree. This is probably natural to a lot of average students who don't like to practice and play things that are so distant from what they understand and like. Thus, I was less inclined to play anything anyone assigned me to play.

So since I have been on my own for so many years, I have only learned a few new pieces that are involving as this. Actually, Bach is one of the few composers I will play because the music is not too deranged (ahem, difficult) like the romantics. I didn't think I could progress further than where I ended up.

Thus, I was pleasantly surprised when I put together the concerto (2 posts below) and finally listened to the accompanying parts this afternoon. I was so happy I got through that part in one afternoon that I actually stopped doing everything else (which was essentially nothing) and played on top of the accompaniment. It felt great (although it didn't sound too good...)!

In fact, I don't know if you can tell, but I was ecstatic recording all the parts.

Now, the difficult thing is to get a great recording especially when there is only one musician doing all the parts and conducting herself. It became a nightmare of timing and cues, which is why it took 6 hours to record 2 minutes of music. And it still isn't right. So I'll fix the timing the best I can and upload it again. On the other hand, the recording quality will have to wait because I have no idea how to mix or master.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.