Staying Clean While Travelling
My brother finally returned Thursday evening. The first thing he did was take a shower. The second thing was eat mama's congee. The third thing was take a nap. (Thus sums up my brother.)
When we folded the laundry earlier today, he held up his white shirt and said, "Oh wow, it's clean."
"Why didn't you guys have time to do your laundry or shower while on tour?"
"That's because we didn't have time. There wasn't a shower on the bus."
"Well, I mean when you have a day off you could rent a motel room and just shower or something."
"That's because we had too many expenses on our off days so we didn't get any."
"Well, I figure one of your expenses could have been, oh, maybe... do your laundry, and another one would have been, um, take a shower? I'm sure your fans would appreciate a non-smelly band when you perform."
After a pause, I mentioned that they could have gone to a science lab somewhere along the way and get a free shower that way. "You know, the chemical showers?"
"Where would we have time to go to a science lab?"
"A school... you know, just step in there, ask to use their shower of some sort..."
[On second thought, they have showers at a gym and in the locker rooms at school as well so you could just go in there instead. I didn't think of that at the time because I spend all my time teaching science for chrissakes.]
Anyway, his very nice girlfriend is also visiting this week, so they're out picnicing at the moment. It is finally a sunny day, after weeks of rain rain rain RAIN cloud rain rain cloudrainrain SUNrain. In the meantime, I have completely opened my windows and am right now experiencing the hayfever that I should have been going through weeks ago when everyone else had it.
SCHOOL SAVED THANKS TO THE GOVERNMENT
In other news, I was called to go up to the school yesterday morning. I had arrived after a press conference given at the school, stating in much pomp and pagentry that the school will finally receive money to build its extention for the high school, thus saving these students from being shipped out downtown in the future for years to come. (That is, until all these elementary school kids get up to high school and then there may be even more problems.) As for the lack of news coverage online... well, there was apparently a communiqué sent to everyone but only Global news came by and there was a short 2 minute segment yesterday at 6pm.

5 comments:
It's too hot already. I wasn't made for this kind of tropical weather.
Hmm, PJ, maybe you should consider Seattle in my place? Their summers are super-nice and the winters... well, in the winters, at least, it doesn't snow.
(cr)Dave
It's not winter if there is no snow.
With this hayfever I just want to move to the Arctic.
But there there's only 2 seasons: winter and black fly...
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.