Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Aria is Alive!

Finally, after three days of hacking away, PJ the 3rd is connected to the net. But not all is perfect in the cute little box (that now does *not* blind me, having disconnected the infernal light plug)...

Such a quiet, quiet box... but alas, my motherboard is having a completely screwed up time trying to get any sound out of it. No sound driver. And it seems that the culprit is the ever disgusting WinXP (that I had installed from a questionably legal copy).

On top of that, so far I have experienced the SUPER LENGTHY blue screen of death thrice at completely random times in the last few hours. It doesn't give the odd short unintelligible message, no. The entire screen is filled with unreadable blather about how crap just happened and just when you think you're about to read War and Peace on your screen, it flickers off and you're left wondering what happened after the second word.

Oh, PJIII, when shall I be allowed to enjoy the first game of Baldur's Gate upon thine precious hard drive? ;_;




I had a most disgusting hot chocolate event this evening, when I brought out my suspiciously old box of cocoa and made a cup. Right when I'm about to take a sip, a dozen little floating dark non-cocoa flecks floated up to the top. Little bug-shaped flecks. :(




Did *anything* happen today that didn't end in tragedy for me? Well, I woke up early to join the teachers up in the hinterland to picket, since all the public school teachers in the region are on strike. I was not obliged to go, as I am not working, but I decided to join in to show my appreciation of everyone.

What I enjoyed the most was one teacher's most clever sled. It looks like a dog sled, but it's actually a kick sled, that was designed in Norway. It's part skiing, part sliding, and all fun. She said it was a gift from her husband, who got it from Ontario. She also said it cost around 400$. I said I would buy a million of those and sell them here if I could.

At the end of picketing this morning, we were treated with coffee and doughnuts by the union. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh noes! Bugs in the cocoa!

/never drinking hot cocoa again

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.