I Feel Totally Stupid.
After the months of research and weeks of buying parts, I finally got them on Wednesday. I have been out of town though since Wednesday, so I only got the chance to put the parts together today.
I was very happy to start cracking on the assembly, thanks to the wonderful Antec Aria case, and the cheapo Asus A8N-VM CSM motherboard. I then realized after several attempts at plugging in a 20-pin power connector to a 24-pin power receiver, that the two are not actually compatible, nor wish to become compatible.
I do not blame Ars this time because they didn't recommend it, and I bought the parts without thinking everything through. Hell, I would have just stuck my old crap in the new box if I didn't read about mATX cases. But let that be a lesson to us all. 20!=24
UPDATE: There exists an adapter for this kind of crap. Good.
UPDATE 2: I feel like an even bigger idiot. There's a way for the 20-pin plug to go into the 24-pin socket, with an extra 4-pin plug. Ok, I don't even know how it works, but it should. ... If my next update starts with "OMG" it means I killed it.
UPDATE 3: Much luck! I put it all together, and now it runs like a blueberry chocolatety potluck with marshmallow fluff... I mean like a dream.

1 comment:
I want blueberry chocolatey goodness.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.