Year-End Update
Dear all,
Amid turkey leftovers, guest-receiving, chocolate overdoses, a new washer arrival, and a terrible, terrible mess to clean up from the delivery, I'm having a wonderful holiday. It lasts for another week, or two, or whenever. As it so happens, my long vacation is a result of a good and/or bad thing - being a supply teacher.
Anyway, I would like to start to end this year's blogging by trying to remind myself what happened over 2005. Uh...
January
Continued to work at the school. Constant reminders of why teaching is a hit-and-miss game pop up everywhere. Also, January tends to be the most depressing month due to nothing happening.
February
Ivo comes to visit and cheers me up immensely. :):):) ... Winter is also starting to look less ugly due to my first trip to the tubing place. Stupid shit happens with the landlord.
March
Nagging thoughts over purpose of obtaining two degrees.
April
The Pope dies. Why is this such a big event to me, I'm not even sure anymore... Waves of strike days further disturb the regularity of the school year at the school, not to mention the teacher turnovers during the year.
May
More of my strike escapades. 3/4 of the school disappears to the wild for a character-building camping trip, while the leftovers like myself are stranded at school to fend for ourselves.
June
Exam corrections, and biking diversions pepper my month. The anniversary of my father's death still hurts.
July
Trip to Cowtown and environs. Weddings strengthen the family bonds. Got to see Wesley. :D Also, got to meet the psycho vampire dog Bobo. :|
August
Disappointed with myself not getting a job for the school year. :( Nonetheless, I made a vow to continue working in Quebec.
September
Amazing training to run 5 km! Well, not really that amazing. I turn 25. Does that mean I'm just an old baby?
October
Amazingly completed the run. @_@ Also, amazingly obtained a driver's licence. @______@ Also, the start of a long supply teaching run...
November
Continued the long supply teaching run. Happily, it means that I shouldn't be as worried as the summer to obtain a job, hopefully for the reasons I'm thinking of. The word "pancake" keeps popping up. Eddie's grandma passes away. :(
December
Birth of PJ the 3rd. :) Along the same lines, I learned the virtues of ordering things online. The possible start of crazy buying sprees... Felix and Rachel separately visit for the holiday break. :D:D:D
Jorgh visits me every month or so. I also go to Montreal every so often to shower him with gifts and/or food. I mean "and."
I met many interesting people and had lots of memorable experiences. I keep reading more and more manga when I should actually try to read real books, but I find pictures and stories more attractive. Might this be the real start of a different path?

1 comment:
I am slowly going crazy...
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.