Two Cities Two Events
Both start today.
Fantasia 2006 - [July 6-24] Montreal film festival that I used to attend when I first started my studies at McGill. I stopped going when I felt that it had become too large and inconvenient to stand in line for four hours for tickets to movies that the scalpers would buy up just before reaching the ticket booth. (Trust me, I know.)
Festival d'été - [July 6-16] Quebec City music festival held in Vieux-Quebec. I have gone only once many, many, many years ago, and found it completely baffling why anyone would want to wander around in streets of massive crowds with expensive blinking badges, and entering badge restricted zones - only to be unable to see or hear bands due to the massive blinking badge crowd inside said restricted zones. Montreal Jazz Festival is much more accessible because of the lack of badges, but it is also privy to even more phenomenally sized crowds. (Thus, one must consider that the Quebec music festival doesn't get as much attention as the Jazz Fest so they have to recoup the money by selling said blinking metal thingies.)

4 comments:
I totally agree. I loved when the Festival d'été was FREE. Now, I'm too broke and too cheap to go. ;)
I was hoping to catch some of the Fantasia movies. Too bad it looks like it's going to be tough :(
crDave
FanTasia lost its appeal since it moved to Concordia...
/nothing against Concordia though
Jorgh's cousin is in a band playing at the Festival d'été on the 13th at 20:15 (Les Dales Hawerchuk). That would probably be the only reason I'd go there... '_'
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.