Stages of a Blobbly Jogger
Instead of reporting how far along I am on my jogging, as I don't think I'm making too much progress anyway, I'll talk about the actual act itself.
When I first started a year ago, I went through two stages: huffing/puffing, and wheezing/aching.
Once I got a bit more into it, I went through different stages: 4-count breathing, 3-count breathing (which persists the rest of the time), increase of pace, decrease of pace, sweating, staring at the ground, then lung explosion. Or something else gives way.
The 4-count and 3-count thing is the number of steps one takes for inhaling and exhaling. The phys. ed. teacher in cegep told us that keeping a constant breathing rate was one of the more important things when running, but he only mentioned the 4-count. Every exercise routine and accompanying music track is in 4-count. Nobody has anything to do with 3-count.
I think my breathing is too shallow. :(

3 comments:
Do breathing exercises. It'll help.
really? there's a count for breathing? I guess I should have known and/or figured as much. Well, I'll go to bed a little less stupid tonight!
Think of aerobic exercises, with the instructor yelling out, ".. and 5, 6, 7, 8, and 1... 2... 3... 4..."
I try not to think of it while jogging. In fact, I gave up on any music track because it just won't work... Instead, thanks to this gadget doohickey thingy I can listen to CBC radio instead.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.