The LESS-THAN-PLEASANT Poll Clerk
And day 2 of the task, the students that did vote were more than patient but most people didn't bother. It was so slow that Arabind even tried to take a power nap but an election coordinator came by (DRO?) and snapped him awake. I spent the time knitting partly, and then taking it apart, and then knitting again, and then taking it apart again and finally knitting to the point where I couldn't go any further without stitch holders.
Oh yeah. I'm knitting a pair of "trigger finger mittens" that I'm supposed to give to my sister for her birthday that just passed... but I haven't finished yet. I only managed to finish the first mitten on Sunday night, and it looks so bad that I just don't know what to do with it. (Picture to ensue later when I recharge the batteries...)
Anyway, knitting got somewhat complicated without stitch holders after three hours, so I quit that and stood around staring at people for another two hours. I think command center was somewhat disappointed in us. Maybe tomorrow I'll go about chanting or something to get attention and voters... :p
I think today was some sort of "Visit McGill" day for Ontarians or something, because at least two tour groups came by and the same female guide gave the same schpiel about how great residences were. Funny thing was that she didn't take the groups outside to point out where these residences were, she simply stated facts about them and fanciful stories about residences and athletics. (She told the group it was too far to take them and it was too cold to do so. Heh, these funny southeners.)
I *love* the fact that there are seemingly only a few options for students to move in from out of town. They are offered the catered residences, the "independent" residences, or the townhouses owned by McGill. Fantastically enough, there are no such things as off-campus housings or cohabitating somewhere. I can only imagine the faces of these "international" students when they realize that housing is 75% cheaper a few hundred meters away from campus than their "cozy" sex-crazy houses of debauchery.
Another family of two teens and a father was wandering aimlessly about the McConnell lobby. He inevitably came up to us and asked us a question.
"Is there any place around here like a student society who can show us around the labs?"
(Blank stare from the non-engineer. Arabind answered his question.)
"Because my kids here, they're visiting and they think it's a boring school. I myself was here 20 years ago in this school..."
...
I know what you're probably thinking.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.