Friday, December 08, 2006

Other Freebies!

The cereal box (General Mills brand) offers free books too, through their "Bite Into Books" program. My mum likes to buy cereal in general (on sale, once again), so there are often four to five boxes of them sitting on the shelf. Last month, two boxes had that "specially marked" special code inside that could be redeemed for free books on their site. Wow!

At first, I thought their offerings were only targetted towards kids, but there is a set aimed for the adults who bought the cereal in the first place. I picked two books, written by John Lithgow: a children's book called Micawber, and Lithgowpalooza (no longer listed there for a soon-to-be uncovered reason).

Although I almost forgot about the book offer, I still remember which books I picked and I was slightly dismayed when I received the mail a few days ago with a rather light envelope that only contained one book. Then I opened the envelope and was even more dismayed to be holding the absolute last choice, Little Red Book. The accompanying letter mocked me further by lauding my choice of book(s?) and invited me to redeem further wonderful books such as this one.

Yes, Lithgowpalooza is all gone now. :(

P.S. Haha London Ontario

2 comments:

PJ said...

I would have been happier with an "Expand your vocabulary" subliminal tape.

Eugenie said...

Well, now I have a great Christmas present for someone who plays golf. Anyone play golf?

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.