Sunday, December 03, 2006

There and Back Again

... but with fewer magic rings and giant flaming eyeballs. More girls in it tho. ;)

I prattled around Montreal for two weeks, all of the time being sick to some degree or another. As I discovered, it was the same thing that everyone was going through recently, although in my case I didn't get medical treatment for it (except getting cough syrup, but not for that extreme).



I met up with Jin last Sunday, who was also visiting with her cousin Kevin. Really nice guy, who was patient enough to wait with us while Jin was trying on bras and jeans all afternoon. Initially, Rachel was trying to get the girls together, but Jin's talents (with her cell phone) managed to assemble nearly everyone for dim sum. It was a miraculous, spontaneous gathering that barely involved Rachel's intervention.

The interview mentioned in the previous post went alright; I suppose I was mostly confused, as I was still suffering from a bit of flu, but I hope that I brought across, most of all, the impression of a teacher having grown from the complicated and ill-prepared mess that I was, to being ready and excited to start teaching again. It looks odd from my CV how someone with my background could have spent so much time waiting for a position, but I think it has made me all the better for it. (And if I dwell on it some more, I might end up changing my mind and get depressed again so I won't talk about it any more.)

Davy and I went into the wee hours of Friday night and Saturday morning writing a song. Actually, I would like to claim I helped write the lyrics, but I feel like I mostly guided Davy's words into something that made sense (and all the sillier lines were of his own twists). If we were more serious about the song, I would probably have liked to insert a musical interlude somewhere. ;)

2 comments:

PJ said...

But is there snow in Quebec now????
There needs to be snow when I come back!

Eugenie said...

Well the snow hasn't left since I arrived yesterday, so I think it's here to stay for the winter!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.