Monday, September 25, 2006

RUN FOR THE CURE 2006 FUND RAISING Stuff

To tell you the truth, I'm still $105 dollars away from the goal of my selfish ass not paying the registration fee, and I have about 5 days to get it. As I have very few readers to begin with, let's lay the situation down properly, and then you can tell your friends.

  1. This is 100% legit. I did this last year. I'm doing this again this year. I'm probably going to haul my butt to do it again next year. I don't need to have a friend or a friend's friend or someone in my family stricken with, or even die from, the disease to justify fund raising for breast cancer. I'd have chosen the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada if that were the case, but it pains me even to think about that in the first place. Maybe I'll do that next year too, then you'd probably think that I'd have a reason. But I don't need one, do I?

  2. Oh jeez, an online form that wants a credit card number. You know what? You don't have to use the form. You can email me for details. I'll even post my email address for spamrificness: chowmaylay[AT!!!]yahoo.com ... One person gave me a cheque. (THANK YOU, PERSON!) All I needed was a name, address, and email. That's if a tax receipt is wanted. You get one if you ask. Otherwise, you can just tell me your name is Mr. Incog Nito and I won't even bat an eye.

  3. If you have ever made yourself a promise that you believe in, when throughout your whole life you have never believed so concretely, for your own sake or the sake of a friend or someone you have never met, then you know how I see this run and how much it means to me. Damn the psychological barrier of registration.


So all I need is perhaps 2 very nice people to donate ~$50, or 5 equally as nice people to pitch in $20 or so, or 10 (uh, 11) amazing people to abandon their coffee doughnut habit for a few days and scrounge up $5.

Please, please, please... if nothing else I ask for this year (I don't think I ask much, do I?), I ask only that you invite your friends or anyone you know to pitch in and sponsor me. /begging

1 comment:

Eugenie said...

What would be better is if you posted what I put up there, minus some personal details...

And tell everyone you know. :)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.