Irrational Anger
AARRGGGHHH SOMEONE IS GOING TO F#@$ING PAY FOR THIS!!!!
When I started running like a mofo, I was using the fancy Made in China Pedometer/Chronometer/Assometer to check mainly how long I was jogging for. I was a bit skeptical of the step counter because I noticed it would skip steps for absolutely no reason. I was even more unsure of the calorie counting thing so I ignored it completely (but apparently running for half an hour barely equates a can of soda so now I've mostly given up on junk food).
Anyway, it multiplies the stride (I inputted 75 cm because I can't tell) by the number of steps it miscounts (according to the stupid thing, about 5900) and it spews out the distance. In fact, according to the above diagram from RunningAHEAD.com, I had been vastly underestimating how far I had been running.
So, at most one of the following statements is true:
- I have been running about 4.4 km for the last few days.
- I have been running about 4.8 km for the last few days, given 10% error.
- I have been running about 5.0 km for the last few days, given a ruler, a calculator, Google Maps, and a curvy monitor.
- I have been running 5.23 km according to Google Maps and this tool.
- Or the most popular: I have not been running any of these distances because EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN GADGETTYTHING IS SHITTING ME.
VENGEANCE

4 comments:
There's an extra loop there for no reason, I'm not sure if it makes the .23 extra km.
No, that's accurate. I took all those extra streets because I thought I wasn't making enough distance.
But you got that fancy podometer for free (not taking into account effort and donations for the cause).
I'm just blowing steam. I don't think it's a bad thing, just inaccurate. Like, by about a thousand steps.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.