Friday, August 11, 2006

CIBC Run for the Cure

It's finally time! after all that ranting I made below about how much I hate my pedometer, I have sent out the spammails. If you haven't received one, count yourself lucky because the stupid form on the CIBC page is f@$%ed up. Here it is below:




I am participating in the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure, on Sunday, October 1st and I am asking for your support for a cause that is very important to me.

This year, an estimated 22,300 Canadian women and 160 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer. We know research is making a difference. Lives are being saved through earlier detection, and more effective treatments are improving the quality of life for those who receive this devastating diagnosis.

I am one of 170,000 participants who will all be walking or running on Sunday, October 1st and I need your support. Donating online is quick, easy and secure! You can pay by credit card and within 30 minutes, you will receive a tax receipt for any donation that has been successfully received. Your donation will be added to the critical funds raised by the Run, and will be directed towards research, education and awareness programs.

I know that you people don't like spam. Especially when you are cash-strapped and see that this email looks like a phishing thing and someone is asking for money. And on top of that, you probably haven't heard from me forever. Or ever. But I'm saying this is 100 percent legit, and I am 1000 percent committed to this run. (Typo? You decide.)

And if you don't feel comfortable donating online, well, you're always free to see me in person and I'll hook you up with a tax receipt, etc. (though it's not instantaneous). Though it will entail travelling, but there's still time. ;)

Thank you. I appreciate your support!

- Eugenie, a.k.a. Ms. C




Don't forget to click on the link to check my progress. Or any of the links anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.