Mini Rest
I took a few days away from blogging because I realized I had nothing constructive to say, and stories don't come so easily.
Anyway, Davy and Stefan (?) are going to come to Quebec City tomorrow, and we're taking a day trip to Chicoutimi to pick blueberries. I should also prepare for the next wedding in Toronto, next Saturday the 19th, thus once again I will be heading south for a while.
Lil V is back from China and she's got stories to tell. Right? :D
I'm sorry I missed brem's birthday. I hope you had a good one!
Jorghnassen's likely to head to UWaterloo in the fall, once he's finished his Ph.D. thesis, and I think it's also likely that I will be going with him when time comes. (You know. Guys.) It's not so likely that I will have a job myself when I get there, so I'm still kind of holding out on whatever will keep me around here.
Now I know my mum is certifiably insane and probably has Alzheimer's, not to make light of those who have acute cases of this disease. Some years ago while I was in Montreal, she brought me a pair of shorts that are pink, red, and white checked, too small for me at the time, and absolutely hideous. She claimed that they were cheap from Simons (probably knowing her, "2 bucks!"), thus I should wear them. I was fortunately too tubby to fit into them so I hid them away (except for one day where I had a lapse of judgement and there are photographs to support this... Lil V would know).
Today, my mum washed all my wearable shorts, and thus I am stuck with... the hideous shorts that I would only consider wearing if all my other summer clothes were in the wash and I wasn't going anywhere. (Maybe I should have put on my suit.)
She looked at them and said, "What the hell are those?"
"You bought them."
"No way! YOU must have bought them because they were on sale!"
"Nooooooo way in hell would I have bought these on sale."
"Yes, you said they were '5 dollars!'"
"Goddammit! I would have never bought anything this ugly!!!"
"See? They're ugly."
This is me.
Salon has a literary guide on Montreal. Personally, I don't feel as I know Montreal as well as some of you out there, because I've lived outside of Montreal about 80% of my life. Alas, as one of the comments put it, "Quebec is more than Montreal." And Montreal's not quite Quebec.

4 comments:
I did. :)
You mean somebody else is going to Chicout too?
Apparently. That's what Davy said. Stefan's more than welcome to come; I'm just restricting him from driving.
"Whoops, was that a red light? Oh, sorry."
"...eeeeee..." and the sound of my fingernails scratching my palms.
I just found that comment in Salon about Quebec being more than Montreal... Nigelx's favorite part of the province is the Lac-Saint-Jean. So that dude's obviously very smart.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.