OMG THOSE GODDAMN F@$%ERS
It suddenly dawned on me.
On one hand, I was working at that school for 19 days (actually 18, and one was a snow day but I still didn't get paid for that >_<), and the 20th they got someone else to replace me. That other supply teacher will also be there for exactly 19 days until the regular teacher is scheduled to be back at school.
On the other hand, the collective agreement states that a supply teacher who works a consecutive 20 days or more for one teacher on indeterminate leave will be paid as a regular teacher (ie. full time schedule, depending on what the teacher was working at).
I was being paid per period (and a little more). That means I wasn't getting shitall for most off periods where I was working full time including all the supervision. That means that if I had less than 4 out of 4 periods then I get paid per part of a day. That would make sense, except I worked every day on a full time teacher's workload, and did everything and more than required of any supply teacher.
So if I had continued on that job, I would have had to have been paid at the sane rate of what teachers are supposed to be paid at doing this crazy crap.
OH THOSE LITTLE #@$%!!!

1 comment:
The CQSB and its schools are really evil. They suxx0rs.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.