Thursday, April 27, 2006

How to Turn Your Brain Into Mush

Practice tests, to apply to work for the Government of Canada.

General Competency Test: Level 1 - you need 18/50 to "pass," but after doing about 10 of these questions your brain will start to swirl around in your skull.
Office Skill Test - you need 35/75, and they time you so you're bound to make some mistakes from feeling the heat.
General Competency Test: Level 2 - probably to dissuade the 1% of people who managed to get through the other test without turning into puddles of goo.
Graduate Recruitment Test - I'm not sure what this is for, since I quit after the first two tests.

Bureaucracy sucks, but it pays really well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dom Portwood: Hello, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports.
Peter Gibbons: Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Dom Portwood: Yeah. Uh, did you get that memo?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. The problem is, I just forgot this one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even a problem anymore.
Dom Portwood: Yeah. It's just that we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports *before* they go out now. So if you could just remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!

(from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/quotes)

(cr)Dave

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.