Sunday, March 19, 2006

Taxes Again

One of the reasons I can't go out and play this month is because of each weekend devoted to the time known as tax season. (Yes, month.) My mum decided this year to give me her papers and have me do them for her, because I have "nothing better to do." I have already whined enough about it, and I'll whine again. I hateinfinity having to do this shit. I oblige myself, to get the return, but no matter how much I have coming back to me nor how many times I write these things... I will never ever ever do it without breaking out into fits every five seconds.

Tax software that the CRA approves costs money. That's about 50 dollars every year, for something you do yourself for free every fricking year until you die. I am a big cheapo miser, a learned trait from my mum and siblings (whereas my dad wouldn't really care and he would let someone else do the task for him).

Web programs aren't that much better. They all have deals where they let you do them for free, provided you have a net income less than $25000. But what if you made more than that? BAM! $19.95 plus $10 for every extra return. I might as well have bought that box at the store.

Yes, peace of mind for me is not spending a damn penny and doing it by hand. With a little help from my friends, Pepsi and day-old Bento. (Mommy working at the sushi stand on Saturdays is a goddamn blessing.)

And so I spend my weekends yellingly scribble away at the crumpled and stained draft forms. After a dedicated two minutes, I scour the net for easier solutions. WHY OH WHY didn't they make these programs with Quebec returns???




In other news, the Jorghnassen will be teaching probability and statistics all of May at McGill.

Also, I am still teaching at this school for another 3 weeks. By then, once again, the total time spent there will not be anywhere close to the required 60 days.

EDIT: OK, I just got a call two hours ago and they told me that I'm *not* teaching the same position anymore, but that I'll be replacing someone else (who is replacing yet another teacher on leave), at least for Monday. I'm getting sick of this bullshit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That'll be probablity only. And I just realised how much prehistory it actually is. Now I have a little more than a month to convince myself not everybody knows single variable calculus enough to fly through that course.

Anonymous said...

And I can't spell probability properly. It's going to be a long month.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I did my taxes yesterday too!!! Ufile does suck... but they got me a big return!!!

Anonymous said...

btw pj, not everyone is that good at single var. calc. you know!!!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.