Dumpster Diving
I haven't done it before, but I am certain there is a definite possibility near where I live. Some of you know that I live near the mall, in the area where they are very quickly building new places to waste your money at. Within the last couple of years, they have built:
- A Wal-Mart
- Krispy Kreme
- Future Shop
- Archambault
- Pier 1
- Deco Decouvertes
- ??? I forgot the name of that electronics store
- Omer Deserres
- And many more!
I find it a complete waste of space. The size of the buildings are massive, and the parking lots and traffic ensure that if you walk between these buildings, you are guaranteed to get run over by some irate gas pedal-crazy SUV driving suburban mum.
Anyway the point is that I want to try the scavenger hunting of these outlet boxes. I was inspired by this SA forum thread (which will not be accessible forever, due to the constant archiving and the paying-money-to-look-at-its-archives thing). In the thread, the divers surface booty of food, random crap that you wouldn't want even as hobos, and questionable clothing. On the other hand, when they dumpster dive, the choice of dumpster will definitely determine the quality of the haul. I would *LOVE* to find a vacuum cleaner to replace this piece of crap that my mum still insists on me hauling around.
(When I get a good picture, I'll post it here eventually. Then you'll know what I'm talking about.)
So who would like to go with me? Lil V? No, nevermind; you wouldn't be able to carry as much in your small arms, as we run away from livid hobos. Well, whoever wants to give it a shot, I'll throw in a free meal. (One that doesn't come from the dumpster.)

6 comments:
My apartment is a dump :(...
are you moving?
... no... well, not that I know of...
The ??? store must be either Radio Shark or Suck-it City. The might throw away some good stuff! ;)
(cr)Dave
i would go, we could ALL go!!! ;D
Yes, definitely an activity for the whole family. A wholesome learning activity for the kids!
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.