Sunday, April 25, 2004

As Graduation Looms Precariously Over the Horizon...



It's a heck of a time to discover things like how to cook.

My parents' lives have always revolved around the culinary world. Joy and sorrow stemmed from this. My father's last fond memory of Las Vegas before he died was the "giant snow crab legs" at the buffet tables... which I suspect he wasn't supposed to eat much of, but what the hey...

Food is central to most, if not all, celebrations and ceremonies. The one thing vital to your living besides that which is abundant and involuntary to consume (air) is the eating factor.

I'm pretty certain that you'd die without food. Really.

Anyway, just to say that I made chicken broth yesterday and vegetable soup today, for the first time by myself (pretty much, while Lil V and Jorgh stared at me.)

So very good... Brings tears to my eyes... all for very complex and simple reasons...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.