Monday, January 26, 2004

Education Career Fair



I walked around the Shatner Ballroom today with booths set up all around and about a hundred students rushing to each of these tables. Some were wildly eager to start teaching in Ontario or overseas or even somewhere in the states. Another bunch were highly vehement and crazily hogging the Montreal et environs tables. My own aspirations were rather silly. I was probably the only handful of students who went to central quebec to hand in a CV. Funny thing happened though...

"Are you looking to work in our school board? Are you familiar with us?"

"Yes..."

"Would you like to leave us your CV?"

"Sure..."

"Would you like to have an interview with us today?"

"Uh... okay..."

So at 2:00 p.m. I was sitting in the interview room, completely unprepared and ready to explode. What the crap am I doing here? I thought. Since when was I ever ready for interviews? Well, never... since this is probably the first one I've officially had.

It went generally well... except for a few details I am very reluctant to speak about. On top of that, I think I came across as a total tool. :(

I'll go bury myself under my bed now. Come get me when the lease is over...

-Ms C, the smaller than epsilon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.