Monday, August 18, 2003

Sarah!


Saturday, Sarah came over after she got off work, and we went to the Quebec Arts Museum (Musée du Québec) for a while, before supper. I was quite impressed with the Riopelle exposition, as I spent a good ... uh ... long time admiring the long collection Homage to Rosa Luxembourg (L?Hommage à Rosa Luxemburg). Most of the trip was spent examining his works, including the really neat giant abstract canvases with layers of paint so thick you want to squish them with your fingers.

Then we went back to my place for supper, hoping to have a nice calm meal with my family. Then it turns out my mum just finished cooking and then zoomed off to play mah-jong with the chinese ladies. As usual. And then Simon was also over, so my brother and he had the brilliant idea to sit at the opposing closer sides of the table. Directly in the middle. Which left me and Sarah to sit at the opposite far ends. Stupid kids.

But to compensate for such a stupid arrangement, they decided to have the most brilliant conversations about sex using euphemisms that a six-year-old would have pointed at and laughed. Sarah was quite amused, while I almost choked on various food items.

We spent much time reminiscing about CEGEP and things that happened between the last time we were all together. A lot of memories are bittersweet, and it becomes terrible to talk about a few things for long. Memories are like that.

But there are cute stories, like the time I slapped B in the library. Or the time I was so bored waiting at the rehearsal for the Talent Show with my choir, because they kept testing the mikes for more than two hours, that I shouted at the stage (at Dominique), "TAKE IT OFF!" (That was rich. But you had to be there.)

And then there were the millions of shorter stories, like the guys who we had crushes on, the crazy girls who fell for them, the friends we made, the people we hated with a passion (okay, that we didn't fancy much with a passing wind), the professors who were cool, the professors who scared the crap out of us, and so on.

This was before we found out who was married, who was gay, who sadly passed away, who became drug addicts, who got pregnant before their time... Well, those I don't know.

I was very happy to have been able to recall so much, especially with someone who could remember more than I could. I was especially happy to be with Sarah, and hang out like a long time ago (woo, I feel old). All we need now is a barbeque and a lot of mousseux, with a set of badly edited yearbooks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.