The Landlord
Most people have a fairly favourable relationship with their landlords. Actually, half the people I know have had terrible things happen with their landlords. Mostly having to do with their grubbiness or lethargy or whatnot. Anyway, I have a more or less decent landlord, whom I have known for at least two years going on three. So what sorts of things could I talk about, if I have a decent one?
It's rather funny the way rent goes in Montreal. You pay at the beginning of the month. Technically, the guy's supposed to come and collect it or get someone to. But with these buildings, including the one that my sister lives in down the street, he's too damn lazy to collect it in person. Instead, I have to drop it off down the street into the concierge's mailbox. But excluding the odd number of times we paid a little late, by a few weeks, we've been more or less punctual. By a few days.
The landlord came by earlier this week to collect the rent this month from new neighbours in our buildings in person, mostly because he wanted to make sure everything was alright with the building. We naturally said we wouldn't pay until we got our new lease in print form, which he had promised us since Lil V sent in all the papers to put herself on the lease. Within an hour, the concierge was in our appartment with the forms. Funny, how it took a few months and a witholding of money to get anyone to pay attention to us.
So today, the landlord came by to pick up the rent. No lease yet. Nope. But I did tell him about the flooding last night, partly due to a toilet that Jorgh... ah, nevermind. Let's just say it was really gross.
That's probably the highlight of the day today so far. Big pu's supposed to come by to have a sushi picnic later, but I haven't heard from him yet. I hate the waiting game.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.