Ms C's Random Food Review: Grapefruit
What: Grape-fruit. The pink one.
Comments: It doesn't even look like a grape. Besides being spherical.
The recent weather mishaps (in a multi-million-dollar-devastation sense) over citrus counties in the states have guaranteed that our fresher supplies of vitamin C will cost more than it usually should, although supplies are still regular from other continents like in South America. I forgot where we got these pamplemousses from but I assume they are actually from Califlowernia.
Review: Jorgh and I don't see eye to eye with citrus fruits. Basically, he hates oranges and anything that has to do with orange, even artificially flavoured orange crystals (or so I presume) and orange shirts. Though I see that he will gladly devour a tablespoon of lemon juice when he gets the hiccups because, "It works!" Then he gets mad when I get hiccups and refuse to gracefully sip away at citric acid on a spoon.
On the other hand, we both agreed on buying some grapefruits to vary our fruit intake. Tangy and sweet at the same time, the pink grapefruit is a summery citrus that has no need of supplement nor garnish, unlike other kinds of grapefruits, the "Ruby Red" variety is sweeter. It is a fruit thoroughly appreciated when freshly squeezed into juice or scooped out clumsily with a teaspoon. Then the pulp and juice have to be slurped out to avoid waste. One can argue that a grapefruit spoon will help avoid all that mess but I would rather keep my 5 dollars, thank you very much.
Jorgh dumped a teaspoon of sugar on top of his half. Then I had to eat it.
Rating: 4/5 for fruits, but 2/5 for style. >:(

3 comments:
I ate part of it, but I've lost my cutting technique over years of not doing it. And I still have nightmares about the Chez Cora pamplemousse juice...
Those "grapefruit" spoons are just spoons! I mean, REGULAR spoons! Or so the sook.
David(Air_
Spoon, schmoon. I ate it by inverting the damn thing and sucking on it like a... uh... dome-like squishy thing.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.