Sunday, October 23, 2005

Drive like a Granny

For the majority of the population in this country, driving a car anywhere is as big a deal as getting dressed, or drinking water, or picking your nose. Well, maybe not the last thing. I am nonetheless delighted (or completely naive) to have driven the car alone for the first time today. If you're reading this blog, it's probably safe to say:

a) you've been there, done that, a billion times ago, "Get over yourself,"
b) you're a hippy who believes that a driver's license is getting "too deep into the clammy grips of the man," or
c) you're Jorghnassen. :)

Anyway, my mum has been experiencing a really weird episode of "swollen face" for a week. She had been to the doctor, hoping it was an allergy to something she ate (which is probably right) but the doctor said it was "nothing." The next day after the visit, her face was so swollen that one of her eyes could barely open, so she couldn't go to work that day. So much for "nothing."

It has been pretty swollen for a week now, but it hasn't got much worse. Her eye was unable to open much today. Thus, after trying in vain to talk her into going to another doctor, I gave up and took the car for my own usage. Mwa ha ha ha! I drove alone to the mall and window shopped for three hours. Then I had a hard time getting out of the mall due to the car lineup from hell.

Now I know why people hate going to the mall.

1 comment:

Eugenie said...

Take the test here... the streets were practically deserted at the time I was driving. The down side is the SAAQ is perpetually packed, but I guess it's the same everywhere.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.