Sunday, September 25, 2005

Speed



T-6; 13:25 ++ passed the halfway mark, 9 minutes. times 3. BOOYAH! - still ended up in the middle of nowhere + jogged back part of it.

I think I got the number of days wrong though.




We went to Trinity at first, then when the service ended at noon we went straight to the cathedral in old Quebec. Why? Because the (outgoing) govenor general was attending the service there for the (last?) time. Thus, we got to see Her Royal Hindquarters'(?!) representative in person. Surprisingly, she wasn't as short as I imagined, but she was still pretty small. My mother told me that despite her taiwanese background, she doesn't know how to speak taiwanese. (She then made the allusion that I was very much like Adrienne Clarkson, but I highly doubt it... right?)

I was going to take a picture, but it was seriously creepy with all those bodyguards and army guys around. Yet, others took pictures, but I figure I don't want to look like a suck-up creep or whatever. Anyway, I'll just say that I dressed up nice for the occasion. (No, I didn't shake hands, it was already creepy enough.)

We arrived after the service, so after about ten minutes of milling around with freaky wannabes and kids (!?!) serving wine and cheese, she finally took off in her convoy of dark shiny cars to her residence (but not for long) in the citadelle. Pretty classy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did she say anything about the Clarkson cup?

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.