Old Skool
(Telephony) Kickin' it old skool! 
Real old skool! [Expletive deleted] yeah!
Strawberry Shortcake, my sister's old school bed cover that complemented my old school Smurfs bed cover.
The Videotron folks sent two guys over today to migrate my crap Bell service over to the Videotron telephone service. My mum paid 40$/month/something crazy under Bell. Combined with cable modem and basic cable tv service, the new telephone system would cost less than 20$/month/something cheaper. What's the catch? Well, you need to have subscribed to all three of these services to get that price. Thus, I would estimate the cost of everything together to be 80$/month/something sad.
Anyway, they worked around for about 3 hours, trying to figure out where the phone feed was for most of that time, until I finally got the service. And I managed to pick up year-old dustbunnies at the same time. Sadly (!) I have to give up using the old cable modem (with the busted plastic power insert) for this faboo black mega-modem. And on top of that, my (stupid) phone that always got tangled up in everything stopped working properly so I replaced it with this old school black rotary phone. (Now, I have no clue if the rotary thing still works, or if the phone company lets me use pulse dialing, but what the hell - I barely call out anyway.)
The guys were very nice. One of them saw my degrees on the wall and was impressed, and he saw the "Great Baseball" Sega Master System game sitting next to the door and was also impressed. I think the general lack of any sense of self-respect in this apartment was impressive. He was most impressed when he pulled out the phone cord in the kitchen, having found it in a state of complete crapness (ie. holey and exposedy) and found that the phone still worked.
APPEND
I keep checking back on ECN's site for jobs in Quebec, and now it seems that my old school is missing both a phys. ed. teacher and the french teacher.

4 comments:
But can you call Batman with it?
By "Batman" you mean old school Adam West Batman or this Batman?
Adam West of course. Like there is any other Batman...
There's THE Batman.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.