Saturday, July 03, 2004

Free Comic Book Day... my ass!


I have been looking forward to going to a comic book store on July 3 (today) to pick up copies of free comic books. I went last year in NDG around May, and I enjoyed many of the publications immensely. (Possibly gearing towards purchasing my own comic books but I hadn't had an income at the time.)

But this year, I'm in Quebec City working my ass off this summer at this wretched buffet. I was looking forward to going to the comic book store this year in Montreal, where they would have the same 20-odd comics for the taking.

I even convinced my mum to drive to the mall (Place Laurier) to go pick them up. (Now if that doesn't sound like a 30-year-old basement geek, then I don't know what does.)

I even woke up at 9 am, despite not sleeping until 4 am this morning after work. (Holy crap am I tired.) And I have to go to work later at 4 pm.

And I had a crappy last two days at work. (I won't even start on *that* one.)

Anyway, we went to the store, and it was full of people outside (smaller boys and 30 year old guys) playing Magic cards or something like that. Inside, there was one table set up, with a guy signing comic books. He apparently inked a few comic books that they were giving away at the table. In fact, there were exactly 4 comic books they were giving away at the table.

I went all that way to get 4 comic books??? And at least one of them I already had from *last* freaking year!

Anyway, the trip wasn't a total loss, really. We went to the Bay afterwards and picked up a couple of 5 dollar slip cover sheet and duvet cover. Woo hoo.

I'sa gonna take a nap now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the selection sucked at Millenium too. Free Comic Book Day sucks!

PJ

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.