Sum it Up Already
So what I hate the most about working at a buffet? Safety hazards. And skinny people stuffing their faces with deep fried blobs of fat. And bastard coworkers.
Yesterday night I had the misfortune of slipping on the wet floor and smacking the back of my hand on a table corner. It immediately grew into a giant purple bubble that hurt like mad. The traditional chinese method of tending these kinds of injuries, no matter how painful, is to RUB IT HARD UNTIL IT TURNS RED.
Which is what I did.
Then this morning my thumb was no longer swollen in a single bump. No, it was swollen ALL OVER. It's stiff but not too painful. I can't seem to do much with it though. But it doesn't matter. I already broke a small bowl today from my stiff thumb-ness.
Anyway, good news. I get to say I may not be working there much longer because I have applied for a job offer that the Emploi Quebec office finally got around to telling me about. Apparently it's 3 months of office work at downtown Montreal, but I guess I can make do with it because anything would be better than getting smacked around like yesterday... well, maybe not ANYthing (thinking about my bad 3 days of telemarketing.... *shivers*) ... All I need now is to wait for a possible interview.

2 comments:
I hope you get the job in Montreal. Then we can all watch Inuyasha on a big TV in my bro's apt!
PJ
Good luck! I hope you get to find away to leave the buffet nightmare behind for ever!
(cr)Dave.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.