Sunday 18 May 2003
Anime North 2003 - Day 3
Before I go on, I just read on the stupid forum that there were volunteers who didn't accept the ebay.ca t-shirts and could opt for an AN t-shirt later on. I am so piss-mad that I'm not even going to start with a response.
I thought that Sunday would be more relaxing because I finished my hours and I thought I could just get stuff from people like the artists' alley, and take another look at the dealers' room, just in case they decided to make better deals on the last day.
I was stuffed once again by four hashbrowns and some more chinese dumpling things, which were still good, and headed off to the land of Anime. I mean the Regal Constellation. Hotel. Thing.
I reclaimed my camera and went about taking more useless pictures of no one in particular. If I ever get my roll developed, I will show you, dear readers, what I am talking about. I even took a picture of myself sitting despondently, waiting for the security guy to come back to tell me he didn't find my poster in the security room. ;_;
Anyway, I did go back to the place I bought the poster and told the girl I lost hers in the hotel. She was so nice that she told me she would give me a discount on Sunday for another poster. In fact, on Sunday, I paid 8 dollars for another print of the poster. I was so happy. :)
Anyway, I didn't find anything remotely interesting in the dealers' room that was affordable. I even picked up an Inu Yasha sticker page to ask how much it costed, and the salesperson said "$10."
"Oooookay, forget it." I dropped it indignantly and ran off to find other things equally as disturbing in the room.
The DVDs cost 50$. The plushies cost $50+. The books were even at $50+. Heck, even the usual $10 monthly manga books were at $15, for some insane reason. And this was on Sunday, the last day of the convention. I think there seriously needs to be a swift kick in the butt for some of these greedy morons. Sure, maybe con space was expensive, but Jorgh and I thought of the cost of a DVD and getting it to a dealers' room like at AN, and we figured out that about $30 of that $50 DVD was profit.
Sorry, not my money. Not in Toronto anyway.
Eventually, I gave up finding merchandise because everything was so expensive ("No, really???"). My cousin had told me that it would be better off looking for anime stuff in chinatown, so I thought I would leave it to when he would bring me to a chinatown on Monday.
I frantically tried to find Webrunner, but to no avail. I mean, there were about 2000 people at the convention at a time. I thought the best bet would be to try to see if he would appear at the Online Comics panel at 3 pm on Sunday.
And of course, I was completely wrong. But there were webcomic panelists there, none of which I have ever heard of. One guy seemed rather "get down to business" type, while the other two guys were very open and friendly to all sorts of things. The only problem I had at that panel was the annoying guy who kept talking about who knows what (stuff like propriety, legal issues, other comics that he found crappy, etc.) while other people were trying to ask other questions. So damn annoying. Grr.
I wanted to ask in general if anyone had seen Webrunner, but I felt that no one would dignify that with a response, in the meanwhile this one guy kept taking saying stupid things. I was so mad after the panel that I left right afterwards.
Down With Love, the Movie
After I got home at 5 pm, surprising my aunt because they thought I would arrive at 10 pm like I did the previous nights, we had a supper of BBQ duck, roast pork, and BBQ pork (yum yum yum :):):) ).
We went to the movie theater somewhere in Scarborough, to see the new movie Down With Love with Renée Zellweger, Ewan McGregor, and David Hyde Pierce. It was pretty funny, in a quirky way. I think Ewan McGregor looks really old in this film for some reason, but maybe it's just because the big screen closeups don't work so well for him.
I love the part where they finally reveal the crazy schemes of the movie. I didn't like the fact that it kept plowing on like it needed to fill up another hour after that point. Maybe it was too short...
I was so tired afterwards that I fell asleep, albeit suffering terribly from my allergy-cold. Blah.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.