A partridge in a pine tree

Actually, it's a ruffed grouse that Jorghnassen first thought was a rock.
O hai!
It was only the second time we spotted the grouse in our backyard - the first back in October. It might not have a nest nearby, but it was welcome to sit under the branches and hang out for a few hours. Still, pretty cute!
Some other feathered friends like to come by and gorge on our backyard buffet, like woodpeckers, yellow and house finches, chickadees, and the occasional junco; but our cardinal friends are quite photogenic and I managed to take a few photos of the male today.

3 comments:
I hope this time my comment will get through! I really love those pics. Don't let your husband kill the wildlife in your garden, you are so lucky to have your own place, garden and well, a free wildlife show. It makes me feel sorry for all the partridges I ate in the tourtières. At least this one is alive and well.
I love the cardinal too. It gives colours to a winter day.
I think it was there again this morning. It's hard to tell though, they blend in the background so wel...
I have to say, a grouser in a garden, it's kind of cool.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.