Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Plumbing, House, and Another Wedding Update?

The plumber came and went. Actually, the full story is too long and stupid but suffice to say that the toilet will not leak anymore, which may have been the cause of a huge, long, pipe-shaped brown stain on the ceiling of the living room. Now to paint over it...

With all the whining, some of you might be thinking, "Is it a good time to buy a house?" It's a pain in the ass with all the self- (or paid) maintenance, but the Bank of Canada is making it pretty sweet to get in the mortgage deal. In our last bank (sorry, caisse) notice, our interest rate dipped to 1%, and with this latest update it might even fall to 0.75%. Jorghnassen reported that we've already paid for about a third of the house. (Of course, this also means we're getting squat from bank accounts for interest.)

I'm not worried about paying for the wedding though. I have a modest amount set aside for things like this event (and other stupid expenditures like yet another plumbing mishap), that is slowly... taking... shape... and... sucking... the money... out... of... me...

I'm still looking for entertainment because now the cost of just hosting it (and not hiring it) went up. I have the option of adding a dance floor, even though the first manager I talked to said no and the second one said maybe and now this third one said it could be included. I also have the option to rent a/v equipment, which then we could hook up an ipod (or actual DJing equipment) for cocktail hour.

I also have the privilege to pay a fee for SOCAN if people perform music at the event, and the distinction that the musicians must be from the "Montreal Guild of Musicians".

Which means you can't just hook up and ipod to the speakers and not pay a licensing fee.

All I can say is: AAARGGHH >:(

1 comment:

Guillaume said...

Wow, it seems that getting married is complicated everywhere. I can't wait for the Chinese reception though.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.