The dying throes of the GPS Unit
I have the video of the exact moment the GPS unit's switch broke. That was the time that I gave the keynote speech for graduation. At the end of the speech, I played a song (if you still don't know what it is, you fail HARD) with an mp3 accompaniment playing on the GPS unit. The unit is notoriously hard to turn on and off because the face of the switch is like a floating pancake with a toothpick under it, and the electronic component of the switch is like a ROCK. The toothpick has to push the rock hard enough not to break.
Well, right at that last time I turned off the accompaniment to the song, the rock got unseated from its circuit board, and now no pressing of the pancake will ever turn it on unless someone managed to resolder the stupid thing.
It also turns out that nobody in Canada will service this thing, and the only way that this gift from Jorgh's father (through credit card rewards) can be fixed is if we exchange it at the point-of-sale. Which would be great if there were a point-of-sale. Nobody sells this unit.
Once my batteries have finished charging, I will show you what miracles have (temporarily) revived the GPS unit, and you can decide whether it should be used like this from now on or not.

1 comment:
All the technology in the world is nothing but empty boxes when the power button won't work.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.