Wednesday, July 11, 2007

ST Voyager's Stupid Sad Episode :(:(:(

I regularly visit the SA forums whenever it's open to the public. I justify this obsession: sometimes there are threads that are horrible, hilarious (or both), and often get posted into the SA Front Page like the Comedy Goldmines or Photoshop Phridays.

This afternoon I had the misfortune of reading the "MS-Paint the saddest thing" thread, and some of the things posted there (while not MS Painted) were pretty sad, like the Thai insurance commercials. I only watched one of them but boy is it gut-wrenching: Click this if you feel like crying pathetically.

I had the TV on right afterwards, and it happened to be the Star Trek: Voyager episode called "Course: Oblivion". To summarize: the entire crew and ship came to the realization that they were merely copies of the original Voyager and crew due to some chance encounter on some planet that made exact bio-copies of everything, and their bodies and everything else were breaking down because of some techno-jargon; they had the choice to continue leading their copied lives and to continue heading to Earth, or go back to the planet they originated from to survive.

Of course, things don't turn out so well for them. In fact... let's just say that I really think you should pay just a little more attention to mysterious piles of blobs when you walk by.

Goddamn that was sad. :(




Yes, it's been a pretty sad afternoon. What with Jorghnassen killing all the spiders and everything. :(

1 comment:

PJ said...

Those spiders were squatting illegally and creeping me out!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.