Canadian Quarters
This morning's algebra midterm invigilating involved a coin falling from the sky. Or I don't know where. At one point, a student seemed to have picked it up from the ground while doing his exam, and it was left on the table after the exam. I thought, "Wow, this kid doesn't even bat an eye for a CA quarter..." (This is the miser in me.) Anyway, I left it on the invigilator's table (since I am too honest a bum to swipe money from my students, who probably have more sitting in their bank accounts than my pile of leftover student loans). At least it gave the other two invigilators some topic to focus on while mindlessly watching their students this afternoon. "Oh, look, it's the New Brunswick quarter."
Then this article got me thinking: SPY COINS. Oh no, I've got new cheating techniques to brush up on!

4 comments:
You should have taken the quarter! We need those for laundry!
Okay, this is totally not the place to post this but i cant find your email! How are you doing and when are you coming to visit us? We'll be in BC in July but later on in the summer we will be here and waiting for your visit!!!
CCarrianne
Oh it's great to hear from you! :) It's [firstname.lastname]@gmail.com, hopefully you can figure out the rest cuz I don't want to attract crazy stalkers. (Unlike a certain ex-roomie *wink wink* lil v, you're never living it down. :p)
hey!!!!!!! that was AGES ago!!!!!!!! :P
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.