Let's Beautify the City
Quebec Urbain pointed out a piece from R-C, discussing the problem of abandoned and contaminated lots in Quebec. Within the comments, there was a link to the province's database of contaminated lots, which (un)surprisingly pointed out quite a few around here, due to all the different types of light and heavy industries, auto and truck service stations, and SPA(?!). There's even one down the street, behind the dentist's office (which very well might be a reason the dentist is relocating across the street). The disconcerting part of is that there are so many lots whose owners don't bother to pay to decontaminate the lot, just so they can sell it off or do something with it.
Which is why I was quite happy when the city bought out the long-abandoned and sucky corner of Masson and Père-Lelièvre and made it into a park. This should be done for "toutes les grosses intersections on retrouve un de ces terrains!"

3 comments:
I don't know about the land, but tap water in Quebec is contaminated with stuff that'll skewer your insides...
That's why I *always* boil my tap water, even though I'm in Montreal :)
David(Air_
Well at least we're not up near Valcartier...
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.